Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 4 months ago

Why won’ty lights work?

I recently bought an 04 Jeep Wrangler. The dome lights on the top bar don’t work. I popped off the top and noticed that there were no light in them so I put some in and they worked. But they won’t go off. I have trypushing the button on the doors to see if they worked when I pushed in the button and they don’t. I have pulled the fuse to turn them off. How do I work these lights. What is my issue? Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Sounds like you just learned why the bulbs were gone in the first place, there is a short some place.

• 4 months ago

Check that the switch for the instrument lights is not set at the highest. This often turns on the interior lights. Check that there is not a switch on the dome light itself to turn the light on permanently (or off permanently). If there is none of there then go to both door switches and see if a wire has not come off and grounded itself. Next check the switches themselves, that they are opening and closing the circuit (not just the button moving. Then there is a little box (somewhere) that delays the lights going off for a minute when you close the door.

If those do not locate the problem, then I am afraid that there is a short somewhere along the wire and that will be difficult to find

• 4 months ago

Bad door switch.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The most common design is the door switch hooks the wire to ground they're probably damaged or full of rust ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.