Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 months ago

Easy foods to make?

My daughters want to learn how to cook, any fun and easy recipes 8 and 12 year olds will enjoy?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

There are some great kids cook books available, maybe see of the local library has a few to check out?

In the mean time, just have her start helping you. Have her make meat balls for spaghetti night, or tear lettuce for salad, shes old enough to learn to peel vegetables too. Just supervise and make sure shes safe while she does it

• 3 months ago

buy a package of DOUGH at ur local grocery shop*..........roll it out to a pizza size..put on pizza tray....add pasta sauce..grated cheese....n whatever toppings they love on their pizza*......bake in 450F oven for about 12-15min*....make a salad to go with*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy chicken soup*...

in large pot add a tad of oil...a diced onion.....diced celery....chopped carrots..i dice 1/2 green pepper and add ...also ..potatoe chopped into quarters....add carton of chicken broth...........add salt/pepper to taste...i often also add a pinch of italian seasoning and parsley..........when broth comes to a boil...add diced boneless skinless chicken breasts.....reduce heat to medium/low.........put lid on n let simmer away for about 45min...then i usually add a cup of frozen mixed veggies (peas/carrots/corn/greenbeans)..and i'll add a handful of maccaroni noodles...put lid back on...cook another 15min*.........VOILA* DONE! ENJOY !!!! (or i'll make 5min white rice...and add in my bowl then add the chicken soup ontop of the rice in my bowl*...........n a slice of fresh bread* :)

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Raman, Chees toast, Sammich, Korrs Rice

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Grilled cheese. Italian soup. Chili. Pasta. Cooking is really easy since it’s mostly guess work with the measurements, baking is where it gets technical

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Mac and Glue from a box. Top Ramen. Brownies.

• 3 months ago

betty crocker cook book for kids

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Muffins, cupcakes, shortbread, oaty / muesli bars, cheese straws, Mac and cheese, potato rostis/hash browns, pigs in blankets, rice krispy treats, choc cornflake nests, jam tarts, thumbprint cookies.

• Rick
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

I believe that the easiest path to success would be to start with some of their favorite things to eat. You're guaranteed at least half a win on that. Even if they don't like the cooking the food will be a winner. There's plenty of time to experiment after their interest is piqued.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Do they like deviled eggs or egg salad sandwiches?

Good opportunity to learn about using the stove and boiling water safely and it's pretty hard to screw up a hard-boiled egg.

I think the first things I learned to cook were pancakes (from an "add water" mix), grilled cheese sandwich and a bechamel sauce (I wanted to know how to make a proper macaroni and cheese). I'm telling you...learning how to make a roux and basic sauce is one of those skills I use all the time and I'm always amazed at how many adults have no clue how to do it. Thanks mom!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.