Erica asked in PetsReptiles · 1 year ago

What species of frog is this?

This frog entered my house for the second time today, and after letting it out the second time I got super curious about what type of frog it is. It’s really tiny (I believe one inch or less), also I’m in northern Virginia if that helps.

• 1 year ago

There is no detail in your photo for identification. This would be an odd time of season for baby toads so likely one of the small tree frogs or as oikoo suggest, possibly a baby spring peeper.

• 1 year ago

Hard to tell from that photo. The toe-tips (?) would seem to suggest a member of the Hylidae. If you saw an "X" on the back, it would be Hyla crucifer, the spring peeper.

• Anna E
    1 year ago

Judging from its size, it is probably a species of tree frog. One got inside my house right after we moved in and I thought it was some type of bug and almost smacked it with a shoe (it was on the wall). I am in missouri and we have found them in colors ranging from brown, spotted and bright green.