promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does Uber fired drivers for car accident when not at fault?

Hello, I'm a Uber from upstate New York. I had a car accident yesterday with a customer. The other vehicle rear-ended my car. I was NOT at fault and NO one was injured. My question is would Uber fired or deactivate my account for that. Also, is Uber going to paid for the damage of my vehicle.

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • If uber provides insurance, you would have to contact their insurance company and find out if they will cover the damage.

You should really educate your self on their policies when you first start the job. They shouldn't fire you for an accident that wasn't your fault.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Since you're technically an independent contractor, they wouldn't need to "fire" you...they could simply suspend your account from their platform.

However, they wont do this for a simple Not-At-Fault (NAF) collision.

I hope your personal auto carrier (since you don't appear to have TLC plates) is aware of your operations as a TNC (Transportation Network Company) operator.

• 10 months ago

Hello

How could you be fired for something that is not your fault? Anyway educate yourself on uber policy. I believe if the Uber driver is carrying an Uber passenger, the driver and passenger are covered under the liability insurance policy. ... However, if Uber denies coverage, the Uber driver and passenger may still be denied by the driver's personal insurance policy because the driver was driving for pay at the time of the accident.. It has been a while since I was told this but If you are riding in an Uber and your driver gets into an accident that causes you injuries, Uber does have an accident policy. That policy also covers the driver up to $1 million in liability, which means you will be covered for up to $1 million in damages for your injury

Just conduct research because i can not list it all here due to "character limits" anyway educate yourself so you will become informed because this was the information provided to me a while ago when I started using uber..

Best

• 10 months ago

Sure you are special

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Question #1;- Ask Uber

Question #2:- No, that's why you carry insurance. The other driver is probably liable for your loses, contact YOUR insurance and let them sort it out.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

No, they won't fire you.

they aren't aren't going to pay for your damage, that's why you have insurance.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Uber isn't going to fire you for somebody running into you it's not your fault that somebody ran into you as long as you had proper insurance in case your customer received injury you're just fine.

• P
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

No drivers are not fired for an accident. You need to make your claim directly through the offending driver's insurance if possible. Otherwise you have to make the claim through the Uber's insurance claims and they will go after the other driver.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

Why would Uber pay for damage to your vehicle? You are a contractor. If the other driver is at fault, they are responsible. Otherwise, it's on you.

• P
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Uber provides insurance for all their drivers if they are driving a client. Personal car insurance will deny claims for accidents when you are driving for Uber\Lyft.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.