Nicole asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 6 months ago

is it safe for a female to travel Florida solo?

I'm going to Florida solo but am I'm going for an aunties wedding so obviously I'll be meeting my auntie some days and family cousins but most of the time I will be on my own I am going for 2 weeks the main thing I want to do is number one relax by the pool and beach. the area I'm going to be in is Kissimmee Orlando , another main thing I wanna do is i want to do shopping I want to find some cheap shops to buy clothes and some alcoholic beverages if it's cheap and obviously I'm going to be going out to eat. I have a friend that I may be meeting out there who's from Georgia so I may want to go out to party one night. is the night life safe there?and which are the recommended spots for rnb , hiphop,rap & pop music? Just wondered if Florida is safe to be alone on the days I'm solo? and just want to do fun activities and rest too. Any tips on what I can do while I'm there? any attractions to go to ?I'm not interested in Disneyland so anything but that.

Favorite Answer

I never know what people mean when they ask if a place is "safe". No place in the US is safe, with angry shooters possibly anywhere.. But the Orlando area is full of tourists all the time, and the worst thing i've heard of happening to any of them was when a toddler was killed by an alligator a few years ago. I've been to both Orlando and Miami recently, and didn't feel any lack of safety. The main rule is not to get drunk in bars and go home with strange men. As for places to go, I don't know about R&B and hip hop. Most of the Disney tourists are families. But there must be places where the locals hang out. Try going to tripadvisor.com for suggestions.

It's generally safe if you don't engage in risky behaviors. Going out to drink can be risky.

All anyone needs do in the USA to be safe is use basic common sense. That includes not buying/selling/using illegal drugs or associating with people who do.

More people die in the USA each year from insect stings than from mass shootings. Nearly all of the other murders and shootings in the USA involve people who know each other and who are having a dispute. That includes people in the drug trade who encounter a rival at a rap/hip-hop club and get in a shoot-out with them.

There is no such place as a safe place for a female. From the description of your itinerary you're probably going to be in to lots and lots of perverts and Florida has a very wonderful slave trade where they capture young ladies and make them do whatever they want them to do in their million-dollar mansions you might just wind up at the end of a leash inside of some rich person's mansion that is if you're lucky. Be cautious let people know where you are have somebody that has a GPS locator connected to your cell phone if you're concerned cell phones have the ability to send out your location to a trusted party periodically.

• Nicole6 months agoReport

first time I'm hearing of slave trade in Orlando. I'm a be in a hotel through Thomas cook so I don't see any problem

• Mark

Safety comes from within.

Of course, anything could happen to anyone at any time any where. But generally you will be fine as long as you use common sense - stay out of bad areas, avoid being out late alone, etc.

• donnie

As a man I would not go anywhere out of state by my self. It also depends on where your going. I suppose you will be fine people live their by their selves I just worry about silly things too much. But then again you never know. Miami would be a rough one and would only recommend Miami to my worst enemy. But you will be with family. Orlando is not too bad