Chris asked in SportsGolf · 10 months ago

Do you guys like the new generation of golfers playing on the PGA TOUR?

It seems to me compared to other generations they are trying to make professional golf, professional wrestling. I think you know what I mean. Look at the ad for the Fed Ex Cup playoffs as a perfect example. Guys like Koepka do not fit the bill as the classic golfer at all.

• Favorite Answer

Not really. They hit it a ton, and fare well on courses with wide fairways and little rough. I've met several and have been comprehensively unimpressed. A group of spoiled filthy rich Americans who seem to delight in being the prototypical Ugly American (none of them have ever had to actually work- they're born rich, able to play private courses and get access to elite teaching at a young age). Put them on a course that has actual rough or isn't a cookie-cutter track and they get found out pretty quickly.

• Bob

not mine, in that while their scores would not be as low, they being the best in the world would still dominate.

Golf has never been better. These guys are athletes. Thanks Tiger.

• David

The classic golfer is the guy who gets the ball in the hole and wins the tournaments. Koepka qualifies.

BTW, when Tiger broke in, he broke the mold as well. Didn't hurt him any.