How can i get out of jury duty?

I have been summoned to jury duty. Doesnt mean i will be picked to be on the jury for sure this is just the first step. Any advice how i can get out of this??

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You can't. You have to do your civic duty when called to do so.

• SimplytheFACTS
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

there are limited legal valid reasons such as  a severe disability that makes you unable to sit in court all day,

• Login to reply the answers
  • Yeah.

Don't.

Jury duty is one of the few things your country asks of you.

Morally, this is no different than dodging the draft or cheating on your taxes.

• 6 months ago

It's an adventure just enjoy it.

• 6 months ago

JUST LET THEM KNOW THAT DEFENDANT IS GUILTY AND SHOULD BE HUNG IMMEDIATELY

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

The last jury call I was on, a woman used the N word when the attorneys questioned her. The defendant was black. She was dismissed immediately.

Not that I'm recommending it. I think each adult should do their civic duty instead of evading it. You want thoughtful, honest people being the ones who determine another person's future.

• God
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Just do it. It can be an adventure in a different world.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You cant ,you can be held for Contempt of court . You will learn about the court system ,They might be 30 to 40 people to pick from .

I served twice and never picked

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Take a "fully informed jury association" pamphlet with you. If the judge or prosecutor see that in your possession, you will be excluded.

• ...Show all comments
    • No
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Honey bear, the FIJA encourages jury nullification. If they even get a whiff of that, you won't be on the jury.

• Just show up. More often than not, they'll decide that they don't need you and you'll be dismissed. Do your civic duty and be a participating member of society.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You can't opt out of it without a valid reason. Jury service is not onerous and quite interesting. So don't be frightened of it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.