Just because it's still legal today doesn't mean its right. Would't you agree?

Would you kill a cow yourself? Yes or no? Do you eat beef? Yes or no? The answer for both questions should be identical. ^^

I mean I think most would feel guilty killing a cow. So why don't we feel guilty eating meat? When we eat meat we basically just tell somebody else to kill the cow for us. So we are killing the cow passively. We are complicit. The cow suffers no matter if we or the people that we buy the meat from kills it.

By being vegan we also take away the reasons, that are responsible for breeding animals against their will. Would you want to get pregnant against your will? If we don't eat eggs, milk, ect. then the breeding will stop because the need to enslave chickens and cows will be gone.

Don't do the same mistakes others do and be a pioneer and a role model! Not only politicians can change the world, we can do it too! Social media for example gives us an immense power.

By becoming vegan you will decrease the amount of cows that will get their milk stolen without their permission and the amount of cows that get fertilized against their will in order to bear more cows that get enslaved for milk and killed for meat by us humans.

Not only dogs and cats have feelings. By saying cows, pigs and chickens are not inelligent enough in order not to be killed we do the same as nazis. We are putting ourselfs above others and are calling ouselfs superior.

It's not wrong to kill an animal so that you can eat it, after all the cow will probably die anyway. Sure there's nothing wrong with being a vegan or a vegetarian but that's not always an option for everyone because not everyone likes nuts and not everyone likes tofu or fake meat.

Oh good grief. Another PETA nutcase. Just what this column needs. No, I don't feel guilty eating meat or poultry, because these items come from animals that were bred and raised for that purpose. If you don't like that, that's your problem. But I'm not changing my lifestyle because of some PETA obsessed teenybopper.

No, I would not agree. And illegal things that have become legal, same answer. But then you go off inot eating meat or being vegan, and would you kill a cow and eat meat, etc. which really is not a question.

But yes, I have killed cows, goats, rabbits, chicken, deer and the list goes on. I have also milked cows and goats to drink their milk.

So why would you think doing such things would make people feel guilty? Does planting things then harvesting them and eating them considered murder too?

If you want to be a vegan, go ahead, your choice, but do not try to convince others to do the same. Do not be an idiot.

Ive killed and slaughtered a goat and rabbits..

You assume I wouldn't kill and slaughter a cow?

• John P

As with many matters of desire or conscience etc the law does not interfere. In Britain and Europe and elsewhere we have spent several hundred years separating "conscience" and "religion" and similar ideas from the law.

• F

I can't generate electricity, so i shouldn't use it. I can't build a house, I can't make a car/bus/train/plane. i can't make Tvs , phones,. computers. I can't do dentistry or perform medical procedures.

That is why we have what's called "society". People do different things and get rewarded for them. The rewards are used to reward someone else for doing something else you can't do.

• Blair4 months agoReport

I'm not saying it's wrong that we tell someone to kill cows/pigs/chickens, but that it's wrong that anyone at all kills them. They are worth the same as dogs, cats, me and you.(:

• patty

if u read the old testament God actually made cows etc for their meat for mankind to enjoy. But it is not for everybody.But farmers etc who treat the animals cruelly from the day they were born to the day they die are disgusting. I know many people don't eat meat because of the cruelty the animal is subjected to.

• Star_of_Darkness

There is nothing wrong with killing and eating them. Their only purpose is to be food

• Clive

Yes I would do it to get food. What's your problem?

• Star_of_Darkness

Its not wrong. They are food. They are no where near the same worth as a human and never will be and never will have the same rights

I eat beef from a cow others have slaughtered. Cultures should be respected: In certain Asian countries, animals that I consider a pet are eaten. Animals that I love to eat are revered in other countries. And yes, we are the superior species. We should stop treating humans and animals as if they are equal.

• Star_of_Darkness

• Daisy

I disagree.

1. We are superior to other animals.

2. Around the world, millions of people kill and eat dogs and cats.

3. I could kill a cow, if necessary. Do you plow, plant, harvest, process the veggies and grains that you eat? Or do you go to the supermarket and buy them....just like I buy meat?

4. Cows are not fertilized against their will. You can't force a cow to cycle and stand for a bull to breed or to settle to AI.

5. Vegans are responsible for animal deaths, too. Every time a tractor pulls the plow, planter, fertilizer, harvested through the field, animals are killed. Rabbits, birds, snakes....small creatures that you seem to ignore. Not to mention the birds and rodents deliberately poisoned to keep the out of grain storage bins so you can have your cereal every morning. Why are their lives unimportant?

• Star_of_Darkness

"The answer for both questions should be identical."

I disagree. There are lots of things people pay others to do because they can't or don't want to do them themselves.

Just because I don't want to pick toe jam out of other people's feet doesn't mean I shouldn't get a pedicure.

FTFY.

By the way, if you've never seen the carnage that agricultural equipment causes in a vegetable field, you should try it sometime. You might never eat another bean when you see what happens to all those field mice.

• Blair4 months agoReport

Cows/pigs/chickens are worth the same as dogs, cats, me and you. (: