americans did you know?

in the uk tea is a word to describe dinner and tea is called a 'cuppa' or 'brew'

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm English and have friends in St Louis, I did learn them all about our English ways and they loved it too.

• 4 months ago

No, I didn't and now I will forget that triviality.

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I enjoy watching UK Tv as well.All day long it seems people talk about and drink tea.OMG- isn't the kettle on ? It is so important that people seem as if they will pass out with out Tea all day long. While we tend to drink Coffee here in the USA, we don't need it every second .Many of us also enjoy Tea.

• 4 months ago

Yes, I do know that. But there is also afternoon tea, popularized by Queen Victoria. That's the custom we picked up, with many hotels serving afternoon tea with sandwiches and cakes.

I also know that you call most desserts "puddings" while we only use that word for a certain kind of flavored custard.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Tea can be dinner, and dinner can be lunch also. Supper can be dinner, unless you've having fish and chips in Scotland, when it's a fish supper at anytime of day.

• 4 months ago

Yes, it can be so - UK can make the distinction, if they want to fine tune it, say in a restaurant, by spelling the meal, tea with a capital letter - Tea.

• 4 months ago

Yep. I watch a lot of British shows on Netflix.

• 4 months ago

Lawrence Berkeley National Labs owns a $27 million electron microscope. Its ability to make images to a resolution of half the width of a hydrogen atom makes it the most powerful microscope in the world. Even this magnificent machine couldn't measure how little I care about that.

• 4 months ago

So tea time is really dinner and tea leaves should be called brew leaves.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.