Julie asked in PetsCats · 5 months ago

A cat rescue group wants to take my cats until I get a place of my own Can they legally keep my cats when I want them back.?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom S
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not enough information to know, did you have some written agreement with this group? If so read it, if not, then no, your cat is your cat.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

no home no cats

• 5 months ago

They shouldn't want to keep your cat unless they find your living conditions? Pet Rescues mainly just want animals to have a safe and good home. Your asking them to care for your cat until you find a place to live well I take it that's what they will do. If you sign any paper work read it carefully. If you love your cat you'll do the right thing

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

do like a mass suicide thing like as an f u to the government. nah jokes, i dunno man smuggle them to syria or somethin

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

sometimes you cant fight government I wish you the best

• Tom S
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

"Cat rescue groups" have nothing to do with the government.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That depends on a lot of things.

Where do you live? What does your lease say about pets? Number of pets?

How many cats are we talking about? How are they taken care of? Are they neutered/spayed and have all shots?

What are the circumstances they are stepping in to take your cats? And if the cats are not being taken care of properly by you, they won't give them back.

You need to expand on your question with a little more details if you want any help.

Too many unanswered questions about the situation.

• 5 months ago

Well what's the situation causing this?

If you don't have a place of your own how did you get these cats in the first place? if you lied about where you lived they have EVERY right to take them back. You've likely been banned from ever adopting again and no, you have NO rights to these cats.

if you're asking because you're considering WILLING giving your cats to a rescue group or shelter you WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO THEM once you sign them over. They will be found new homes and you will NEVER get that information of where you went.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It sounds to me like you are a crazy cat lady. That is why they are rescuing the animals. Animals deserve better than YOU and the living conditions you are keeping the animals in.

. Time to raise goldfish.

• Yvonne5 months agoReport

You have no basis for assuming what you said.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I do not know, ask a lawyer, you should get it in writing that the cats remain yours.

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Depends on terms in the agreement you sign. Generally, surrender agreements fully consign all ownership rights to the shelter or rescue, giving the former owner no right to reclaim their pet later, and no right to information about their future whereabouts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.