Lost my motorbike side panel that covers the battery, can't find the replacement online. Any ideas how I can get one?

Go to a dealer.

Phone around to the various Motorcycle shops (as they also repair various makes of motorcycles and ask if they got one kicking around that you could buy. Start with the dealer first. Not everything is On Line. Especially used parts. It is a hit and miss thing. Maybe the mechanics might have a friend who knows a friend who has that bike in their back yard that they are parting out. After trying everyone by phone...if you get 0 results, then you are going to have to make one out of duct tape and cardboard or a different brand of motorcycle might be kind of close.

• F

Sure, from that desciption I have no doubt what kind of bike you have, FFS.

• Tim D

Sandwich box and baler twine.

Ratbike in the making.

I need to know what bike you have and whether you live in Britain. Depending on your answers to these questions, I know of a place you may get what you're looking for.

Go to the dealer and buy one. If there's a cycle salvage yard nearby, you might get one from them.

• Anton

If all else fails; you can buy a sheet of steel, cut, bend, drill, bronze and make one.

• JetDoc

If your "motorbike" is a fairly recent model from a major brand, find a local dealer and ask at their parts room. If it's an antique, or a Chinese import, you may have to search through salvage yards to find one.

• Road warrior

"Motorbike" is common for Motorcycle in Britain. Tha;'s why Lady Di asked if he were a Brit. I see many parts for old Hondas in the UK.

Contact the manufacturer if it still exists.

• Tavy

Any scrapyards in your area?

Phone makers?