Are male and female feminists ...feminists regardless of gender ?

Update:

i was just wondering ladies and gentlemen if feminism is a secular movement ....:)

Case in point :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_feminism

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

"Are male and female feminists ...feminists regardless of gender ?"

Well .... not quite.

Male feminists are called "allies" at the top levels of feminism. That's doesn't sound very amicable. And a man is only considered a feminist ally for as long as he completely tows the line and defers to those feminists in power.

Speaking of power, there is a complete glass ceiling for men in the feminist power structure. A man will NEVER be president of NOW, which is supposedly a group dedicated towards equality.

This is the hypocrisy of the modern feminist movement. If someone is a "true feminist" who's only conviction is equality between the genders, then men are to have an equal role in the feminist movement. Right? Well, apparently not. And this is a foul proposition, especially coming from an organization that regularly bashes on the government and the church, both of which have much higher representation of women than the NOW has of men.

If feminists organization are going to talk the talk, they should make sure that their house is in order BEFORE calling out someone else. Especially when everyone else is far better than they are regarding actual equality within their movement.

• donnie
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

They can be but usally their not too smart.

• 1 year ago

Yes, male feminists, female feminists, and any other gender of feminists are feminists.

• 1 year ago

At least according to this feminist, yeah.

I think male feminists have a special obligation to make sure they're not being "that guy"--you know, the one who makes a big show of being a feminist, because "chicks dig that" or whatever, but who really is as much of a sexist a**hat as any other dude when he thinks he can get away with it. Or even just the one who patronizingly takes over every conversation, tells women what they're supposed to think or feel about something, and generally acts like a clueless boor whose "pet" topic just happens to be women's rights.

But, frankly, I think it is both insulting and kind of disingenuous to claim that men can only be "allies", not true feminists. I mean, if a dude wants to call himself an "ally", I've got no problem with that, I care more about what you do than what you call yourself, but anyone who reasonably fits the definition of a feminist should be allowed to call themselves a feminist, whatever they have between their legs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Are male and female feminists?

This concept of having everyone believe in the feminist ideology, is the culture that feminists and governments/big business are trying to create, and they try to do this conversion through the education, legal and media systems. I think and hope that most men are switching off to these systems, and going about their lives the mgtow way.

So to answer your question, I would 'hope' men would work out the ways of the system, and reject following

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes. Feminist denotes a belief/ideology. A person who holds feminist ideology is a feminist regardless of gender.

• 1 year ago

Yeah sure, all male and female are feminist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.