Matt asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 10 months ago

Who should I take in fantasy football?? (4th pick, PPR)?

With the fourth pick I will most likely have the option between Zeke, Leveon Bell, or David Johnson. I m very weary about taking zeke with his contract issues.. who should I take?

An argument can be made for Davante adams as well since you're in a PPR league. He was very consistent last year and that actually wouldn't be a bad move at #4 especially with questions with thise 3 RBs. I'm skeptical about DJ with the way that O line has looked so far

If Elliot is signed by the time you draft, and he's available, take him. If he's not signed, run fast. This is a complex mess, with Dak asking for megabucks and same with Cooper.

If he's not signed, I say Johnson and it's not even close. Bell has competition for carries, he hasn't player in 18 months, he has a much crappier OL. Way too many risk factors for a top 5.

For me it all depends on draft time. If the draft is weeks out and Zeke comes back it is definitely Elliott. Elliott has a good chance to lead the league in touches (381 in 2018). Additonally, Elliott has the best offensive line out of the three options with Bell (NYJ) and Johnson (ARI) having bottom five offensive lines in NFL according to PFF. I do still have slight optimisim that a deal gets done for Elliott (assuming your draft happens before any news). Now, chosing between the other two, Johnson getting Kyler Murray as a starting QB will definitely help his efficiency. Adam Gase as an offensive cordinator for NYJ scares me with his stated disdain for Bell, and his non workhorse approach at RB. If I had to rank them it would be Elliott, Johnson, and Bell (especially if Elliott receives a contract before your draft).

I'd take the risk on Elliott. He's going to play at some point this year and even if it hurts you the first few weeks, you'll be in a great position the rest of the season.

If you want a safer bet, grab Bell or Johnson. But don't be surprised if Zeke surpasses both of them in fantasy points even if he's off a couple weeks.

Take David Johnson this year. Elliott is too much risk.

• Kevin

I think taking ezekiel elliott would be your best bet. I wouldn't worry about his contract. He will likely start week 1 or week 2 at the very worst. He has the most upside potential and the most likely to score the most fantasy points for you.

best of luck to you with your fantasy football season this year!