Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Atheists, are you here to genuinely seek, to answer questions only or to troll?

I'm not accusing, I'm genuinely interested in your motives

@David at your Service - how do you know? Are you a mind reader?

It's pretty clear that peculiar Christians aren't going to challenge others. I would be on it like battle bots. Evangelicals vs. Catholics, Baptists vs. Methodists. The atheists would stand aside if you were to defend your denomination, What you believe is so different than other Christians that it deserves a poking. There was a war in the UK about it. Atheist don't believe in God and you have so many denominations, fight it out, and convince us.

I am Christian !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather not be an atheist.

But, with thousands of Gods and Goddesses on the market, and no testable, repeatable, consistent EVIDENCE for the existence of ANY of them, it would be too easy to accidentally pledge loyalty, enthusiasm, time, and money to the wrong One.

So I come here asking not WHAT anybody believes, but WHY they believe it.

Am amazed and amused by the way SOME folks claim to be subscribers to the ONLY valid religion.

Because they ALSO claim that THEIR Creator was SMART enough to Intelligently Design over 1,300 equally valid variations of the basic BIRD (including emus and penguins, which DO NOT FLY!), but this same Creator who wants EVERYBODY to end up in the Happy Place, is apparently TOO F[intercourse]ING STUPID to think up more than ONE valid Pathway to the Happy Place.

I ask if ANYBODY would tell me what actual RESEARCH they did, which convinced them that THEIR Creator IS too stupid to have thought up any other valid Pathways, but nobody answers that question.

Anybody actually HAVE any consistent, testable, repeatable evidence for their Gods or Goddesses, please share it.

Just here to defend atheists from extreme religious people that try to convince others that we are evil by nature before too many people believe this and atheists become a persecuted minority.

But l admit that l troll trolls.

• Gone Galt5 months agoReport

Sounds fair but can you also admit that there are atheist trolls who are not simply out to defend atheist from unfair attacks? I do not like the theist trolls who start every question with "Hey atheist, ..."

• Caesar

The place is called Yahoo answers, I had answer 13,500 questions my account had never suspended, I do not block normal people or trolls. I do not need to hide under anonymous unlike some theist that keep posting insults dressed as questions about atheists or about atheism that also curiously are serial atheist blockers, ask those theists... if they are genuinely looking for any kind of answer... or they are just looking for people that repeat their own views and opinions in an open forum

• .

English is my native language.

Much is familiar.

It is relaxing and recreational to contribute to these barnstorming or brainstorming sessions.

What appears to be "trolling" may be reaffirming what we notice, recounting experiences, or reasserting that we speak English.

• Cogito

I never go to the Religion section - just to the Society & Culture section.

And if I can answer a question and explain why I'm an atheist or explain what I disagree with someone's viewpoint, I try to do so.

I never, ever troll.

When I first came here I was truly searching.  I quickly figured out this was a troll site, and I left for a few years.

Now I just respond and occasionally return troll, cuz why not?  When I ask genuine searching questions I get nothing but slapped down, accused of trolling.  Just look at David's attitude. There's no point in asking genuine searching questions here at all.

• Jea

I am here to learn and to teach.

I leave the trolling to the theists, they are very accomplished in that area.

About 99% are here purely for trolling purposes.

Update for asker.

My answer is based on years of experience in this forum. I didn't say 100%. On occasion, there are times when an athee-evo appears to have a genuine question, or is honestly trying his or her best to answer the question.