Washington, Boston, and New York trip suggestions.?

We are planning to spend two days in DC, two days in Boston, and two days in Manhatton. We will take the train between cities. Suggestions, must see items, etc. No we do not plan to rent a car because I hate parking, etc We will walk and take tour buses. Every time we take a holiday I have to drive. We waste... show more We are planning to spend two days in DC, two days in Boston, and two days in Manhatton. We will take the train between cities. Suggestions, must see items, etc.

No we do not plan to rent a car because I hate parking, etc We will walk and take tour buses.

Every time we take a holiday I have to drive. We waste too much time looking for parking. I am done with renting cars.
Update: I managed to love 7 years as an adult with no car. I own a new SUV now and typically drive only on weekends because I hate parking, getting petrol, stopping at lights, etc. I pretty much hate everything about driving.
Update 2: Yes, I am married. My wife does not drive. My in-laws fly in, and I have to drive them around.
Update 3: Actually I am from LA, I just spent a lot of the last ten years in Singapore where everyone speaks UK.