How do I avoid going the wrong way in a parking lot that does not have arrows to tell you which way to go.?

I made this mistake in a hospital parking lot that did not have arrows. Another driver had to tell me that I was going the wrong way. I am trying to learn from my mistake.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If the parking spaces are straight and there is no signage to indicate that you can't go one direction, it is a two-way parking lot.

If the parking spaces are diagonal and both sides are pointed the same way, you can only drive in the direction that you follows the diagonal (i.e. you would be making a u-turn type action to get into the space).

If the spaces are diagonal but if they point in opposite directions, it allows two way driving.

• 6 months ago

look at the way the cars are parked and the white lines... look before you turn

• Login to reply the answers
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE WAY THE CARS ARE PARKED AND THE ARROWS ON THE LOTS DRIVE! CLOWN!

• F
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Even if it has arrows half the people drive the wrong way round anyway. For some reason, all the rules of the road are suspended in car parks. Everyone ignore give way signs, people pull out without looking etc. Getting a space nearest the shop is far more important than not damaging your car or killing someone.

• ...Show all comments
    • F
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

yeh, I know that but I bet 99% of people don't, so that's not why they don't follow the signs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Look for the signs. If there aren't any, don't worry about it.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

If the parking spaces are angled, it should be easy to figure out.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Follow the lead of others, as it is a parking lot so someone is leaving or entering all the time. Most parking lots go counter clockwise in N.A.

• 6 months ago

The cars there will be in a diagonal configuration usually so you can pull in easily. When going the right way.

• Thank for the link to the diagrams. They help a lot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.