Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 6 months ago

Do remainers feel relieved that the USA has put Britain first in line for trade deals above the EU and support Brexit?

BBC News - UK 'first in line' for US trade deal, says John Bolton

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49325620

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No of course not. Farage could save a hundred kids from a burning orphanage and STILL be in the wrong as far as they're concerned. Hate hate hate moan moan moan.

BTW UK unemployment is back down to pre-crisis levels but of course there's not a shred of praise for the government from hate & negativity-spewing lefties.

• hungryjoe
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Farage might do that - but the stench of petrol on his hands and the big box of Swan Vestas in his pocket might be a bit of a give-away!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Huh?
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Quite the reverse, actually. They obviously hope to make a killing at Britain's expense.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes but the US will want a privatized NHS in that deal and help with invasions especially with John Bolton who openly admitted to wanting to steal Venezuela's oil

• John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I rather doubt that any "deal" with the USA, especially under Trump, will work out to the single advantage of the UK. I am especially worried that Trump will take over the NHS! Though I admit that I do not know the story behind that headline.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

So we can kiss goodbye to the NHS then

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It's great that their serial liar president has told our serial liar PM that we are 'first in line for trade deals'.

i wonder who will be setting the terms and conditions for those deals, given that we seem determined to burn bridges with our European friends and allies.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They will shaft you royally. Crush your farmers, buy your NHS, monetarise it then flog you insurance to cover your treatment costs before refusing to pay out on any claims you try to make before you sue them. They will buy nothing from you, they need nothing you make. Good Luck...

• FØXY Ðï
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Why didn't they do all this BEFORE we joined the EU? You're talking nonsense.

• 6 months ago

If anything we feel sorry for the gullible brexiteer sheep who are about to be slaughtered because no-one can sell them any more and their Shepherds aren't going to pay to keep them alive until they can.

• 6 months ago

The US congress may differ, they are guarantors of the Good Friday agreement and a hard border with Ireland may scupper that accord. If that happens they won't ratify any trade agreement so it's not up to Bolton.

Also a trade deal with the US might not be that great, they are a smaller market than the EU and far more predatory. They'll want a slice of the NHS and we won't be in a position to say no.

• 6 months ago

Well, I predicted we would have lucrative trade deals with the USA and China and my words are coming to pass. We need to be part of a growing economy, not a failed experiment with countries tottering on the edge of bankruptcy and £39 billion of our money going to prop up that sick European Union.

Even France, one of it's founders, are sick of EU rules and the tide of third world savages that have changed their culture while failing to assimilate into their way of life.

• ...Show all comments
    • FØXY Ðï
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

I've got news for you, Jack H, most people still can't afford a house in 2019. Immigration has driven up prices beyond what young families can afford. They can't get the 10,000 deposit because third world savages have kept wages down and that's not "bollocks" Chavvyjoe.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

A good trade deal would be a positive thing.

As a person who voted leave, with a heavy heart I might add, being as far from a swashbuckling Brexiteer as I am from a desperate remoaner , sadly it’s the free marketeering ( there are many sub groups within the Brexit camp, often at complete odds with each other) Brexiteers who might be the ones that end up tearful, considering they wanted to leave the EU because they found it intolerable to be locked into permanent trade frameworks, they might find they’ve left one trade bloc for another, but this time, the UK will be far from an equal partner, especially considering the UK will be economically vulnerable, diplomatically isolated and politically desperate

• ...Show all comments
    • 6 months agoReport

Germany might want mass immigration but hungry didn’t. Germany allowed mass immigration which then spilled over to other European countries. It’s unworkable

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'm not surprised, they smell a still twitching carcass, under no circumstances should we make a trade deal whilst they have a person in office who thinks all the other countries of the world are shitholes, this would be suicide.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.