Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearNintendo Wii · 12 months ago

Is there a 3D game for Gameboy that uses those Red and Blue glasses? Please answer, I'm interested in playing it.?

It could be a game for any handheld but it has to be a handheld.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago

I'm sorry to report that there's ABSOLUTELY NO GAMES ON THE GAMEBOY THAT UTILIZED ANAGLYPH 3D EFFECTS.

The main reason here is that the original GameBoy ran on a PURELY MONOCHROMATIC LCD SCREEN that is able of showing only 4 shades of black (White, Light Grey, Dark Grey & Black). The Anaglyph 3D effect requires the usage of Red & Cyan (light blue) shifted images that the original GameBoy cannot generate. The GameBoy Color & Advance could, but no games were developed for this.

Nintendo's first attempt at portable console with 3D visuals was with the Virtual Boy with stereoscopic visuals (2 screen showing a slightly shifted image for each eye to create the 3D effect), which was quickly discontinued a few months after release. The 3DS was the second attempt at a portable console with 3D visuals, which utilized an autostereoscopic screen to create the 3D visuals (which shows a slightly shifted image for each eye behind a polarizing filter) to more receptive audience (although it faded quickly with the 3D visual fad, which prodded the creation of the 2DS).

• 12 months ago

Not for the Gameboy since it was monochrome.

• 12 months ago

It's called 3D glasses. I can't believe this.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.