If you do parent taught drivers ed (PTDE) do you have to bring the “parent instructor” with you to the dmv to get your permit *explained*?

So I did PTDE, I’m 17 and my mom is my parent taught instructor but she works all during the day so she has no time to take me. Dads not alive, so obviously that’s not an option. I was wondering if my aunt, uncle, grandma etc could take me? Although they are not my “instructor” my mom is. Does anyone have any... show more So I did PTDE, I’m 17 and my mom is my parent taught instructor but she works all during the day so she has no time to take me. Dads not alive, so obviously that’s not an option. I was wondering if my aunt, uncle, grandma etc could take me? Although they are not my “instructor” my mom is. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thank you in advance.

Samantha
1 answer 1