Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 6 months ago

Been training Muay Thai for 9 months and I know how to box but I still don't know how to throw kicks. Should I stay or leave?

Favorite Answer

Stay and practice more.

Pick one kick practice for at least one hour every day for three months, Then move to the next kick after three months.

Yes its boring but if you want to learn to kick that is how you learn.

I had a wado ryu teach that taught us to kick that way, The entire class was step up front kick, After a month he taught step across front kick.

Techniques are not learned overnight, they take time and practice

Stick with it, at least you will be very fit.

Wasted money and time. That's exactly what you have done.

Why thumbsdown. It true. If you do not know how to throw kicks by this time that it true. You wasted your time and money.

I'm not really a great reference but I took two lessons (2 hrs long each) and my instructor taught me to kick on the second lesson. 9 months sounds really slow to me, but I guess it depends. Are you happy about the quality of your boxing?