Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You bet they are .

Attachment image
  • In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. Domesticated cats are directly descended from African Wildcats (Felis Lybica) approximately 9500 years ago. You have to go back much farther to find a common ancestor between Lions and African Wildcats, like about 1.22 to 3.46 million years ago.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

Both are carnivores and both are felidae but domestic cats CLEARLY did not come from lions. Are you really that stupid? They came from a rather similar looking small wild cat tens of thousands of years ago.

• 5 months ago

yes they are, they are distant i think

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TK
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Domestic cats and lions are of the same Family, Felidae. After that they split into different Genus and Species.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

NO. While they both are in the cat family, they are not directly related.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes, they are related, all in the cat family,also tigers, pumas, jacguers, cheetahs, all the big cats are related to our domestic cat.

• 5 months ago

they might be a small version of lions

• marty
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

domestic cats are related to lions, but only distantly. In fact lions are more closely related to tigers than your average house cat. Domestic cats and lions and other bigger cat species are in different subfamily, but still fall under the family Felidae.

• 5 months ago

Lions are cats. I assume you are referring to house cats which are also cats.

• 5 months ago

Professor Katt has done extensive research on this and these are his words not mine:

"Meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow. Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow. Meow. Meow meow meow meow? Meow meow meow meow, meow. Meow meow meow; meow meow meow meow. Meow! Meow meow meow meow..."

He continues but I think that covers the gist of what he was trying to say.

• Megan5 months agoReport

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.