Since when was singing like as difficult as rocket science?

I lost big time in a summer talent show singing Let It Go and was hoarse after going through the belting parts which hurt to go through and I sounded really awful. I looked stuff on YouTube and how to sound better and there is all this rocket science stuff about registers and falsetto and chest and head voice and... show more I lost big time in a summer talent show singing Let It Go and was hoarse after going through the belting parts which hurt to go through and I sounded really awful.

I looked stuff on YouTube and how to sound better and there is all this rocket science stuff about registers and falsetto and chest and head voice and mixed belting and stuff

I found a lot more about diatonic and chromatic scale and relative pitch and stuff like that and wonder if any of this rocket science stuff is helping anyone sound better

Is this all quackery or is singing well as hard as rocket science?