Why do people love living in new york city so much?

I've been living here for a few years, and quite frankly, I cannot wait to get out. I don't understand what people love about it so much. I've been all over the world and visited hundreds of cities on six continents , and almost every city I've been to was a hundred times nicer than nyc. People who... show more I've been living here for a few years, and quite frankly, I cannot wait to get out. I don't understand what people love about it so much. I've been all over the world and visited hundreds of cities on six continents , and almost every city I've been to was a hundred times nicer than nyc. People who think nyc is the greatest city in the world are either complete idiots or probably haven't traveled the world that much or at all. I think it's messed up that a studio apartment thats a five story walkup, the size of a closet and falling apart, like mine, cost the same as a mansion just a few miles outside the city. One of my friends just moved into a 6 bedroom house in New Jersey, just 5 miles away from the city, and is paying less than half of my studio apartment rent for his mortgage a month. On top of that, theres no way to get around the city without crowds and traffic. If you drive, take a bus, uber, taxi, you have to deal with standstill traffic constantly. The subway is old, slow and ugly, and is only good for manhattan, not so good for the outer boroughs. And every time someone says it’s a fast paced city, I laugh. Yeah it’s so fast paced that a turtle can crawl faster than traffic on the majority of the city’s streets. And just about everyone there is a rude jerk, the girls are nothing but prima donnas, and everything is ridiculously overpriced, even food. I just don't get it
7 answers 7