Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

What is the nature of heaven? What are some scriptural/other references about this topic?

• Ambar
    Favorite Answer

The word “heaven” is used in three basic senses in the Bible: (1) the physical heavens; (2) the spirit realm; and (3) a symbol of a high or exalted position. In each case, the context helps determine the correct understanding.

1) The physical heavens. In this sense, “the heavens” refers to earth’s atmosphere, where the winds blow, the birds fly, the clouds produce rain and snow, and the lightning flashes. (Psalm 78:26; Proverbs 30:19; Isaiah 55:10; Luke 17:24) It can also mean outer space, the location of “the sun and the moon and the stars.”—Deuteronomy 4:19; Genesis 1:1.

2) The spirit realm. The term “heaven” also refers to the spiritual heavens, or spirit realm, a level of existence higher than and outside of the physical universe. (1 Kings 8:27; John 6:38) These spiritual heavens are occupied by Jehovah God, who is “a Spirit,” as well as by the angelic spirit beings whom he created. (John 4:24; Matthew 24:36) At times, “the heavens” are personified to represent the faithful angels, “the congregation of the holy ones.”—Psalm 89:5-7.

The Bible also uses “heavens” to refer specifically to the portion of the spirit realm where Jehovah actually resides, his “dwelling place.” (1 Kings 8:43, 49; Hebrews 9:24; Revelation 13:6) For example, the Bible foretold that Satan and the demons would be thrown out of heaven, no longer being allowed to enter Jehovah’s presence. However, they would remain in the spirit realm.—Revelation 12:7-9, 12.

3) A symbol of a high or exalted position. The Scriptures use “heaven” to represent an elevated position, usually in connection with ruling authority.

Read more on this topic in the following link ...

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/wh...

By reciting the rosary each day with care, a person can know many truths about God and the afterlife.

Though John the apostle gave his vision of heaven it was more focused on the physicality of it, rather than the nature of it... which is really more important than the physicality, in my view. I don't know if physicality is quite the right word I'm looking for... but I think you can figure out what I mean. Here is what I gather about the nature of heaven, based on what's in the Scriptures:

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. - 1 Corinthians 2:9, KJV

^ I take this as God has made things for us that we have not seen in this world. I do not think that what God has created here represents the fullness of God's imagination or His creative capacity. It might just be a taste, or the tip of the iceberg. His angels sound like they are fairly interesting looking too. That being said, even though the landscape will reasonably be great -- our true inheritance is the Lord Himself. We are His inheritance and vice versa. The Blessor is the greatest blessing.

God has a better imagination than we do, so I don't suppose we would imagine anything higher than what He Himself is able to imagine and construct.

As far as how people will treat one another, God's word is training and instruction for how His kingdom will operate. People won't be exalting themselves over each other, but even the greatest will be a servant. We won't be living just to be perpetuate another purposeless day of existence, but there will be joy in living.... we won't be abused by oppressors because even God hates that, we will all receive what we need and not be in lack, because God is a good provider, the best actually. The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want -- doesn't mean that we won't want Him, but that He won't leave us in lack, and that we won't want for anything -- because He will make sure we are taken care of, like a Good Shepherd watches over His sheep, ensuring they are safe, fed, healthy...etc....

For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.” - Psalm 94:14, KJV

“For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.” - Psalm 11:7, KJV

God will not allow evil to be in His presence...

He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. - Psalm 101:7, KJV

We are not inheriting corruption, but what is free from corruption. (see 1 Corinthians 15:53-55). Nobody gets into heaven without having the Spirit of Righteousness (see Romans 8:9, John 3:3-7). Verses speak on the future are sprinkled throughout the Bible... verses speaking of animals and people being at peace, and no more slaughtering of them. Animals that are dangerous will be safe for even children to play with.... in that regard it seems like a reversal to the time of the garden of Eden. Though I do suppose we will be wearing clothes.

Paul said:

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. - Romans 8:18, KJV .... The Bible speaks of us receiving glorified bodies.

Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul. - Jeremiah 32:41, KJV

In the book of Revelation it speaks of God's restoration of earth, making it anew, then merging a holy heaven with a holy earth, and heaven and earth will become one, as if married and covenanted together. God cannot merge a filthy earth with a holy heaven... so note that these things take place after the Great White Throne Judgment (see the end of the book of Revelation). The verses pertaining to Zion are relevant considering heaven and earth will be merged together, and Jesus will rule and reign from Mt. Zion.

Some relevant verses:

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. - Psalm 149:17-18, KJV

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. - Isaiah 65:24, KJV

For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee. - Isaiah 30:19, KJV

And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. - Isaiah 35:10, KJV

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. - Psalm 126:5, KJV

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. - Hebrews 6:10, KJV

• Jea

The "nature" of fiction is always fictional.

Revelation 21-22 provide what John "saw" so that we can "see" it too.

"What is the nature of heaven?"

It's a magical paradise for dead cowardly Christian morons.

• 5 months agoReport

http://darwinkilledgod.blogspot.com

PARADISE!!!!!!!! READ THE LAST 3 CHAPTERS OF REVELATION FOR MORE DETAILS!!