Is it weird for a man to donate stuff to a women's shelter?

Since I use a lot of coupons, I end up with lots of free hair and body products. I have maybe 3 dozen bottles of unused body wash and shampoo and conditioner and styling products I want to donate. I put them in a couple different reusable tote bags that I also got free and wanted to just drop the stuff off while the shelter is closed (they've got a drop off center in the back). I'm just worried that if someone does see me, they'll think it's weird that a man is doing this. Am I just overthinking it?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Lita
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

You're overthinking it. There's nothing weird about anyone donating to a shelter.

• 4 months ago

There are many women who would be ever so grateful for any donations they receive, regardless if the donations came from a man or a woman.

Do not allow your generous heart to allow yourself to over think and second guess your donation plans.

Donate whenever you can to whomever you can.

• 4 months ago

No its not weird at all.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You are overthinking it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

You are being kind do not over think

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

dont do it youll be reportd to the police

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You are over thinking it. It's great that you are donating. Just do it.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

do it during the daylight hours

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You're overthinking it.

It's fine to walk in, donate the supplies and then walk back out.

It would be weird if you tried to sneak in the women's shelter and distribute the shampoo yourself telling the guests that they will smell so pretty after using the products.

See the difference?

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No, and you ARE overthinking it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.