Which of these times is the best to visit Austria?

I would like to skii, hike in nature, and just go round some towns and cities.

I was planning to go either in december during christmas or late october.

In december will i be able to hike? i dont mind everything being white- i never seen snow i guess it looks nice?

In october i know it would be a good time to do what i want,but i wanna experience snow i just would like to know if i can hike in december really

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

If you would like an easier hike and maybe ski at the same time, I'd say go for October.

There is always a chance there will not be enough snow to ski at that time, so the safer option would be christmas (also the busier option)

• 3 months ago

Looking at snow and hiking through it are two very different things. It's quite a bit more work to hike through snow , and you have to make sure you have really good footwear - and dress in layers. But if your shoes and clothing are good, it can be really beautiful and peaceful. Be careful with ice though - ice is a hazard. But of course, after a freezing rain storm, the whole world is coated in ice, a magical sight.

You might see more foliage in October, but December would be a good time too. It would help to get a FB friend to talk about local conditions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.