Which of these times is the best to visit Austria?

I would like to skii, hike in nature, and just go round some towns and cities.

I was planning to go either in december during christmas or late october.

In december will i be able to hike? i dont mind everything being white- i never seen snow i guess it looks nice?

In october i know it would be a good time to do what i want,but i wanna experience snow i just would like to know if i can hike in december really

If you would like an easier hike and maybe ski at the same time, I'd say go for October.

There is always a chance there will not be enough snow to ski at that time, so the safer option would be christmas (also the busier option)

Looking at snow and hiking through it are two very different things. It's quite a bit more work to hike through snow , and you have to make sure you have really good footwear - and dress in layers. But if your shoes and clothing are good, it can be really beautiful and peaceful. Be careful with ice though - ice is a hazard. But of course, after a freezing rain storm, the whole world is coated in ice, a magical sight.

You might see more foliage in October, but December would be a good time too. It would help to get a FB friend to talk about local conditions.