I hear scrambled whispering inside my house?

I have recently encountered a mumbling or what sounds like whispering of voices inside my home and I know it isnt the neighbors or my parents or me i know i havent gone delusional because even my friend could hear it over the phone. It also sounds like its very near me. Has anyone ever had this experience or is it just me?

• Spirits exist, therefore, I can say with such certainty that, from your story you only said about the Bufaloes, in the manner of Buffalo BiL!

I am so fed up with these "oh it's the refrigerator" experts. Ghosts, spirits, visitors, whatever you want to call them, do exist. Taunting the living is about all they can do for kicks. The living "out rank" them naturally which is all one must remember when or if spooks attempt to influence, tempt or manipulate their betters. Your ghosts are having fun frightening you. Just remember they are powerless and only persist because you are freaking out. Among the living, insects have more power than ghosts.

Better to hear scrambled whispering than to hear scrambled eggs. Lol lol

Possibly an electric fan. Auditory pareidolia making the noise more like something you understand. The fan in my local club makes a noise like rain and people put their coats on before leaving but often find the day to be warm and dry.

• Tom

This happens a LOT It appears to be a form of Auditory Paredolia where the brain takes random sounds and tries to make "words" out of them.------It sounds just like a lot of people whispering, but you just can't quite make out what they are saying.

---In MY experience it seemed to be caused by a slow running electric fan, either a box fan or an AC system set on low.

Do not confuse this effect with the deliberate random noise used in so called---"Ghost Boxes". It has a different sound. Here the paredolia sound like an ocasionall actual word like "yes" or "No" or someone's name--as in "Mike" of course we also have auto suggestion playing a part here as well as paredolia.-----HOWEVER we do sometimes get some "messages". There is no proof of "spirits" and even a real message is not evidence for them--truth is, we do not KNOW where these messages come from YET. What is a real "message" vs mere Paredolia?

Use the "Five syllable rule" Ignore ANYTHING less than five syllables/words in length. One word or syllable, generated randomly, might sound like a real word by chance alone. two or three in sequence pushes the bounds of probability---But FIVE or more makes random possibility very far into the Zero range.------But as I said, their origins are UNKNOWN, do not make "paranormal assumptions".

something is reaching a natural resonance and making a hum type noise . is there construction or a factory nearby ?

Is it normal? I would think it was almost universal, that at some point everyone has thought they heard a voice or voices in their home when nobody was at home.

It’s obviously not an audio hallucination or tinnitus, but probably something more common like auto suggestion and simple imagination. This is so common. You can hear whispering in the wind or by a stream or an electric fan and static. Or it could be the neighbours television or radio playing.

I’m not saying people can’t hear ethereal voices, but you can’t jump to paranormal conclusions without a little more to go by

• Why don't you ask your parents if they can hear it seeing as they are right there, noises can become distorted over the phone.

If there is some kind of droning noise like from a fan or fridge motor you can quite often imagine that sounds like voices or faint music.

Anyway, what ever it is, it's almost certainly not paranormal.