Bruce asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 7 months ago

What kind of Chinese cuisine will you recommend to non-Asain?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Crispy beef, wontons, pot stickers[gyozas], crispy fried seaweed, Chinese curries are milder than Indian ones.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Non in particular. All Chinese is good

Source(s): Non in particular. It’s all very good.
  • 7 months ago

Most rice dishes,sweet and sour pork and chicken.Most veggies dishes.

• 7 months ago

I recommend sushi

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Todd
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

We have a rally good local place specializing in Hunan that I love. Contrary to another answer, I'd go Americanized Chinese. Here's the secret. Avoid every place that only has bright pink sweet and sour sauce and no brownish duck sauce. Also, avoid dim sum in China Town, San Francisco. It's authentic, but too expensive for what you get.

• 7 months ago

First and foremost - authentic, not Americanized and not Canadianized. If it has to be one of the latter two, I'd go with Szechuan. But if the person cannot tolerate spices of any kind, they should stick to Cantonese or something from the north.

• Passionfruit6 months agoReport

I love Putien and Cantonese cuisines. Specialities like peking duck, mala hot pot from the other provinces are delicious too.

• 7 months ago

That depends on what type of things you like.

Examples:

Chow Mein - noodles with some type of meat and vegetables, eg. chicken. "Special" dishes often have a mixture of chicken, beef, pork, prawn/shrimp.

Sweet & Sour (eg. chicken or pork) - often meat in batter & fried, served with a sharp (vinegar or lemon) but sweet sauce.

Crispy duck - typically shredded duck served with fine strips of vegetables and hoisin sauce, plus thin "pancake" like wraps. You put a bit of everything on a pancake and roll it up, a bit like fajitas.

Crispy beef - typically thin strips of beef battered and fried, served with a sauce.

Dim Sum - small "dumplings", little parcels of veg and meats made with small pancake/flatbread wraps.

Spring rolls - beansprouts, veg and optionally meats in pancake wraps, then cooked.

Plus rice or other side dishes.

Each dish may be somewhat different from place to place, there are many variations.

It's usually all good!

• babyboomer1001
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

The question was what "kind" of cuisine, not what items on the menu.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

The kind that makes you all slanty-eyed.

• 7 months ago

Something that does not include cats and dogs

• 7 months ago

Panda Express. Try the Broccoli Beef and Orange Chicken

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.