Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 11 months ago

Is it common to be mentally retarded(iq of 65) and not get identified as such until you start working?

Favorite Answer

retarded is an outdated an offensive term.

the modern term is intellectually disabled...and the IQ is under 70 with deficits in skills.

it might be possible that someone is not officially identified until adulthood. parent won't allow testing or home schools for example.

i had a kid in my class in catholic school that seemed to have an IQ around 70. we went to different high schools so I don't know how he did.

my cock it hddkdkdd

NO. An IQ of 65 would have been discovered in school because most people with that low a score cannot read, write of do math.

Not sure why a place you are working would pay for an IQ test

• Killmouseky

I was given one when I applied to be a corrections officer for Alberta in 1985.

Not really. Social promotion is real but I never heard of that. They typically catch that pretty young unless they had an accident. I am sure there’s some with low intelligence that get pushed through. And it’s possible to be too daft for certain jobs or college but not be retarded. Especially if you live a normal life and can button your shirt.

No one with an iQ of 65 would be able to write the complex question you posted here. And no employer that I know of requires employees to take IQ tests. In fact, no one takes IQ tests anymore. I hope this wasn't some online test- those are not valid.

• Killmouseky

MANY places use I.Q. tests, & all psychologists/psychiatrists use them. I was give one when applying to be a corrections officer for Alberta in 1985.

Yes because with that IQ you're average among liberals.

• Killmouseky

Yeah, 40 points above the average CON, that's about right.

Are you talking about our President?