Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 11 months ago

Is it common to be mentally retarded(iq of 65) and not get identified as such until you start working?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

retarded is an outdated an offensive term.

the modern term is intellectually disabled...and the IQ is under 70 with deficits in skills.

it might be possible that someone is not officially identified until adulthood. parent won't allow testing or home schools for example.

i had a kid in my class in catholic school that seemed to have an IQ around 70. we went to different high schools so I don't know how he did.

• 11 months ago

my cock it hddkdkdd

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

NO. An IQ of 65 would have been discovered in school because most people with that low a score cannot read, write of do math.

• 11 months ago

Not sure why a place you are working would pay for an IQ test

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

I was given one when I applied to be a corrections officer for Alberta in 1985.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Not really. Social promotion is real but I never heard of that. They typically catch that pretty young unless they had an accident. I am sure there’s some with low intelligence that get pushed through. And it’s possible to be too daft for certain jobs or college but not be retarded. Especially if you live a normal life and can button your shirt.

• 11 months ago

No one with an iQ of 65 would be able to write the complex question you posted here. And no employer that I know of requires employees to take IQ tests. In fact, no one takes IQ tests anymore. I hope this wasn't some online test- those are not valid.

• ...Show all comments
    • Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

MANY places use I.Q. tests, & all psychologists/psychiatrists use them. I was give one when applying to be a corrections officer for Alberta in 1985.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Yes because with that IQ you're average among liberals.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Yeah, 40 points above the average CON, that's about right.

• 11 months ago

Are you talking about our President?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.