Why are most younger people democrats while older people are generally republican?

Update:

Why are you people still bothering to answer? Best answer was awarded and this question is over

Update 2:

This should’ve been awarded best answer as I awarded too soon ;

“Older Republicans already have a head start in life over us. Many issues that affect us millenials/gen z'ers don't affect them because they've already built up their entire lives over a thriving economy. Meanwhile, my generation and the generation below mine are struggling to even go to college without suffering through insufferable debts, housing is too expensive, and many of us have never even had a need to get a credit card.

Update 3:

, so many of us don't even have any credit to get a mortgage loan.

On top of that, marketable areas of work like engineering, business, medicine etc. are starting to become over saturated with applicants.

Oh, and also, many entry level jobs unfairly demand at least 6 months of experience to even be able to apply. And how do you get experience? By getting a job. And how do you get a job? By having experience.

64 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it's because most younger people are affected by issues that democrats care about.

Things aren't like they used to be. For example, more gay people are open about being gay. In the past, LGBT people were mostly closeted. Many young people are gay themselves or know someone who is gay. Likewise, many young people have loved ones who are immigrants, so they care about making the immigration process easier. Those are just a couple of examples, I think you get the point.

It's easier to just ignore things your not exposed to. It's easier to hate LGBT people if you've never even met a gay person.

• 4 months ago

I'm 25 and I vote Libertarian. Republicans and Democrats are beyond disgusting.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Older Republicans already have a head start in life over us. Many issues that affect us millenials/gen z'ers don't affect them because they've already built up their entire lives over a thriving economy. Meanwhile, my generation and the generation below mine are struggling to even go to college without suffering through insufferable debts, housing is too expensive, and many of us have never even had a need to get a credit card, so many of us don't even have any credit to get a mortgage loan.

On top of that, marketable areas of work like engineering, business, medicine etc. are starting to become over saturated with applicants.

Oh, and also, many entry level jobs unfairly demand at least 6 months of experience to even be able to apply. And how do you get experience? By getting a job. And how do you get a job? By having experience.

• GOOD ANSWER!!
      GOOD ANSWER!!

**The crowd claps and cheers vigorously in agreement**

• 4 months ago

who knows ask someone else

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

not true, and also because the younger gen are for dems because of welfare, unlike older for the opposite because its for the ones who arent on welfare

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

There is an old saying, ' If you're not a Liberal when you're young you have no heart, if you're not a conservative when you're older, you have no brains.'

• RICK
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Because conservatives have n brains
      Trump is living proof

• Nick
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

I know older people who are Democrats and I know younger people who are Republicans.

• John
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I've always been a Democrat and I'm 71.

• M.
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Were democrats the same when you started to vote at age 21, as they are now?

I think that they are very different, and I'm afraid of where they are heading.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

You probably never lived in the Midwest. Colleges there have kkk scholarships and young republicans hate events! They will force you to do group projects with dumb racist farm boys who made it to college. Worst days ever!

• John
      Lv 4
      4 months agoReport

How stupid. What a dumb ***.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.