Is a piece of artwork a good birthday or Christmas present for a man you’re seeing?

My best friend’s mum is an artist and I’ve ordered some art work from her. I’m giving one piece to an old friend and considering giving another piece to a man I’ve started dating.

Favorite Answer

I can only speak for myself, but I hate getting art, unless it's a piece I've specifically wished for or it's an artist the giver knows I like.

Yes, that makes me an ingrate, but art is so subjective, I have yet to be given a random artwork that I actually like, not to mention love, and then with it comes the expectation from the giver that you'll actually hang it up somewhere in your home. It's all very awkward.

Giving a piece of art is difficult unless you know the person who is receiving it really well.

• LP7

Hold off on the gifts until you know this person better.Also they may not appreciate the art work or even feel a bit overwhelmed with the gift so early in the relationship.

...................

This all DEPENDS.....what is this guy into?

Motorcycles?

Old Cars?

Sports?

Politics?

Music and artists?

When it comes to art, men are interested in whatever they are interested in and nothing else.

Well, you know this guy a lot better than we do, do you think it's a good present for him? It doesn't matter what we think.