Should I just go home or stick it out for the week?

Hi guys! I have been at my college (about 5 hours from home) all summer (about 4 months) and I only took one trip home which was about two days long. I have a week left of summer, which is this coming week so I was thinking of going home. The problem is that I'm supposed to do a few days of clinical and it's really been freaking me out. I haven't done clinical all summer and I feel very unprepared, which is obviously problematic. I have been quite homestick lately, but I am behind on clinical so getting that done is also a priority.

Overall, I just really want to spend some time relaxing at home with family, but I'm not sure I will feel relaxed if I don't do the clinical. However I also don't want to go in unprepared, so having the week off might be helpful to study a little and come back refreshed. Also after this week I will not be able to go home again until Thanksgiving most likely, which is also weighing on me.

Do your work and get it off your mind. See how much time is left. If not enough to go home, start planning for the next time you can visit. Do some video chatting, write a letter to your folks. You sound like the kind of person who is really a lot more relaxed and comfortable when you are prepared with your work. I know that feeling. It's a strong personality trait,, not a handicap.

• :)

If your work CAN wait, I would choose your mental health.

I also go to school 5.5/6 hours away from home. Those trips home make all the difference in my montivation and happiness. Go home. I bet your family is crossing their fingers that they get to see you.

What is your major? I’m nursing, and it sounds like you may be describing something else?

• edward

Do your clinical first, you can spend all the time you want at home after school is over. What are you a nurse? It’s only 4 years for regular classes. I didn’t see my cousins in the 2 years i was in school (i took the accelerated class) and i survived.

I don't give a crap what you do. You should make up your own freaking mind. Why are you asking complete strangers online what to do? That's your choice to make. What a joke! Are you going to stick it out if 2 or more people tell you to? Or are you going to go home if more than 3 strangers tell you to? Good grief!

maybe you can do your clinical first and then go home the rest of the time

maybe you can do the clinical first and then go home for whatever time you have leftover