Do people start businesses with $0?

Yes the Category is Business & Finance> Small Business! And more power to those who endeavor to start a business from scratch with Zero Dollars! I'm rooting for those individuals!

Best Answer

You can. Find something locally you can sell.

I once bagged up fresh pine cones and sold them to crafters. I've cut and dried wild catnip. I picked up those black basalt beach stones and sold them for massage stones (the kind that are heated in baby oil). And I made $5 a pound selling 'hairy acorn caps' to sculptors on a Fimo clay list who were making faerie dolls and wanted them for hats. They all lived in the south, and burr oak only grows north of Illinois, I just went out in the fall and picked up the acorn caps, keeping only the largest and best, and shipped off several boxes of those by mail. Easy peasy.

Its pretty tough...

the modern world it was possible..today you have many online ways to earn money with zero investment

• denise

Probably the business plans and ideas, but I'm afraid money has to come into it, its inevitable.

• Murzy

There are always start up costs.

Many have. A boy could borrow the family lawn mower and go door to door offering to cut people's lawns for $20 or whatever. He started with $0.

For small businesses, your start-up costs should be kept to a minimum. You can't get more minimal than $0. But there are businesses where a billion dollars could be a minimum....

That said, most start-ups have already had much cash spent on them before they open their doors. Perhaps not ion actual dollars and cents, but in time and effort. The old adage about time being money is a fact. But money can buy time, and help your business survive long enough to generate a real income and assets.

• donnie

If you set your mind to it and it is right for you.

• Judy

A few businesses can be started with $0, not many

i think thats possible since you can