kelly asked in SportsVolleyball · 11 months ago

I’m not sure if I want to play volleyball anymore?

I’m 14 I’ve played volleyball for 4 years and I loved it. Only I started to lose interest in it this year and next year everything is gonna change because we are gonna merge with another group cause our group doesn’t have enough players and I’ve started gaining interest in just working out alone and I’m afraid if I leave they won’t have enough to play and I’ve never shown any signs to my friends or family of wanting to quit but I’m afraid that if I quit that I want to play again and my parents always told me if I stopped a sport I could never do it again so I’m not really sure what should I do? Please respond cause in a week it’s training again and if I go you automatically pay but maybe I don’t want to go back after the first training and my parents get really angry over money cause I didn’t want to go to volleyball camp this year but they paid already so I was forced to go and honestly I really regretted going so how should I choose??

You are young yet. Why do you want to quit is the first question. You say you lost interest. So what caused you to lose interest? Don't have friends that you like playing with (team mates)? It's not fun for you anymore? Other team mates are better than you and you don't like to look bad? I am not saying all this to get you disgruntled. Just trying to get you to probe yourself. What do you not like about it and is it worth giving up the game for what you dislike about it.

Give it a try — maybe bringing new people into the group will make it fun again. At the very least it’s good exercise. If you don’t like it after this year, you can move on to something else.