Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 4 months ago

Why do mortgage interest rates drop when we are in deep recession?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Like anything demand determines the cost of things. In a recession, the vast majority of people cannot afford to buy a home or upgrade from the one they own. Dropping mortgage interest rates is intended to encourage home sales as a result.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

only for white people

• 4 months ago

u look lik a boogerrr

• 4 months ago

To stimulate the economy. People are more apt to buy a house. People who buy houses also buy stuff for the house and hire people to move it in (or install it, like carpets). Manufacturers can then hire more people to make more stuff; and the economy improves.

Source(s): Econ 101
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

• 4 months ago

Liberal/feminist/progressive and she is a great choice to get in touch and she is not a big fan but she is not going anywhere near the house and get her own room and get her a conservative in a room and she is a great person to get to the point of my life that is a lot more than a conservative party in a way

• 4 months ago

Not necessarily.

I remember back in the early 80's during a bad recession and interest rates were 18%

Which was great if you were an investor but hell if you were a home buyer.

• CarolOklaNola
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

the Democrats. Reagan apparently learned nothing from the stock market crash if October 1929. Reagan was 18 years old. So was my father. He had just started college at Cornell.

• 4 months ago

Because people couldn't afford to buy a house otherwise.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.