Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 4 months ago

Why are even the most exclusive hotels allowing pets now (service animals excluded from my objection to this practice)?

They lost me as a customer. I just do day trips now and sleep in my own bed at night.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I didn't know this nor do I know why. I'd be put off as well even though I love dogs. Hotels are not a place to bring animals and I'm surprised they allow it and that it's even allowed. Surely there are health regulations. Why not call the council and ask them why it's allowed. The council might not know the hotels are doing this and might fine them for breaching bylaws.

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I actually find that most places I stay are NOT pet-friendly (I do not travel with my pet). Maybe it's more common in certain areas, but I'm not finding that most hotels allow pets. But there is certainly a market for that, because some people just can't leave their pets behind.

Lv 7
    4 months ago

Because people own pets and want to travel with them. Generally specific rooms are reserved for those traveling with pets, so other rooms remain pet-free. I've never been disturbed by someone's pet at a hotel. I have, however, been disturbed frequently at hotels by screaming children, loud sex noises, and drunken adults.

• 4 months ago

As long as the places are kept clean, I don't see the problem. Hell, I've even seen people carrying little dogs around with them at Wal Mart.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

I read that some pet owners are asking hotels for dog drinks (water), dog walking areas, etc. pretty soon they will want doggie swimming pools and grooming services! I think pet friendly hotels are disgusting and I won't stay in them. The problem is most hotels accept then now, so I won't be going on vacation anytime soon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.