b asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 6 months ago

is learning german difficult?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

No anymore with the help internet.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

Yes they put words and phrases in weird order and stick a piece of a verb the end of the sentence, sometimes.

• M.
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

I want a question to answer.

• John P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

At school I started with French, which I found fairly easy. Later I learned German, which I found harder. My wife, at a different school, found German easier than French. There is no universal answer to that question, it depends on the individual student. It would also depend on the teachers, as my wife and I agreed.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Microwave: Mikrowellenofen

Haha

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

In the words of the great Ian Anderson: Nothing is easy

• 6 months ago

Some people find it difficult, while some others don't ... It's individual...

Personally as a French person, I didn't find it hard to learn ( when I was learning it at school).

• 6 months ago

No. Millions of Germans do it every day.

• 6 months ago

For an English speaker, I'd say it's about as difficult as Spanish or French. You can count German as one of the easiest languages to learn for a monolingual English speaker. The two are West Germanic languages that shared a common ancestor 2,000 years ago. Consequently, many words are similar between the two (especially verbs) due to their common roots. Let's not forget that many Germans become proficient English speakers as adults.

• 6 months ago

If your first language is English (you do not say), the vocabulary is not hard to learn as the words are similar. But you will have a devil of a time with the grammar. In English we rely on the order of the words to determine meaning (put the cat on the mat vs put the mat on the cat), in German nouns decline to determine whether they are the subject or object and the verb goes at the end of the sentence. Even 'the' and 'a' decline. It is an older form of language.

It was my first language but even I have trouble with it.

• 6 months ago

Yes because you also have to learn to be somewhat racist and a Hitler supporter to speak real German from what I've noticed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.