PS4 USB update won't work?

I've put a new HDD in my console, which booted up in Safe Mode, followed the steps to get it sorted and downloaded a version of the latest update (6.72) from the official page on the Sony/PS4 website, but it won't actually work, saying the update file on the USB 'can't be used' and throwing... show more I've put a new HDD in my console, which booted up in Safe Mode, followed the steps to get it sorted and downloaded a version of the latest update (6.72) from the official page on the Sony/PS4 website, but it won't actually work, saying the update file on the USB 'can't be used' and throwing 'error ce-34788-0 ' at me.

Surely this doesn't make sense? I've done all it asked, made sure it was the latest one, made sure it was from the official source, surely there's no valid reason for it Not to work?

Anyone else ran into this particular nonsensical wall?
Update: I've since done everything to format the USB and HDD properly, putting the update folder on the HDD directly too for good measure - neither of those worked either - and so I put the original HDD that came with it back in, but now it's the same situation so it's stuck in Safe Mode going in circles Any... show more I've since done everything to format the USB and HDD properly, putting the update folder on the HDD directly too for good measure - neither of those worked either - and so I put the original HDD that came with it back in, but now it's the same situation so it's stuck in Safe Mode going in circles

Any help??