PS4 USB update won't work?

I've put a new HDD in my console, which booted up in Safe Mode, followed the steps to get it sorted and downloaded a version of the latest update (6.72) from the official page on the Sony/PS4 website, but it won't actually work, saying the update file on the USB 'can't be used' and throwing 'error ce-34788-0 ' at me.

Surely this doesn't make sense? I've done all it asked, made sure it was the latest one, made sure it was from the official source, surely there's no valid reason for it Not to work?

Anyone else ran into this particular nonsensical wall?

I've since done everything to format the USB and HDD properly, putting the update folder on the HDD directly too for good measure - neither of those worked either - and so I put the original HDD that came with it back in, but now it's the same situation so it's stuck in Safe Mode going in circles

Any help??

I would try taking the port balance on deck

• yeah its not true get it fixed

• opurt

There's two versions of the update, one for upgrading that's about 300MB and a bigger one for doing a full install which is closer to 1 GB. Using the smaller one when it's looking for the full one will give that error or a similar one.

• opurt

Try a different browser or clearing your cache. Those links work.

You need to sharpen your pencil, then on the controller press up down up down left right left right b a b a start select and then plug your pencil in

just open up the PS4 and take the CPU out of its socket and trash it