Why do Republican Conservatives wave Confederate flags and call themselves “the party of Lincoln” at the same time?

While also claiming there were no ideological shifts between the parties over the years?

Does the fact that mainly Republicans today wave what was largely a Southern Democrat flag not give them a clue there was ideological shifts taking place?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The definition of IRONY..........Trump supporters waving confederate flags, and telling democrats, they lost and to get over it.

I love it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Sally
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

So you're expecting these people to be consistent, educated and not hypocritical? Dream on.

• 6 months ago

What drug cocktail do you ingest to hallucinate that?

Vodka, meth and bath salts?

• The Equalist
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

So according to you, no Republican has waved a Confederate flag at a rally or protested Confederate flags being taken down from public land — and no Republican has referred to their party as “the party of Lincoln.” Even someone as in denial as you doesn’t believe that.

• not
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nobody waves confederate flags. The only flag popular from that time is the battle flag of northern Virginia. What I see is it represents some sort of rebellious attitude. A good example: the old TV show, dukes of hazard, they were rebels fighting the corrupt elite while running moonshine.

Party shift. The southern democrats sought to count slaves as citizens. The north refused because they where enslaved not citizens. The 3/5 comprimise happened. Fast forward to today: Democrats seek to count illegals that have no rights as citizens. No effort is made to make them citizens with rights, just house them and count them on the census just like the slaves. Party shift is a cute story but the mode of operation is the same.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It seem readily obvious that those are essentially morons with an unfortunate right to vote...

• 6 months ago

Every time I see a Confederate flag or a Confederate monument, I am reminded of the history of the Democrat Party and the KKK.

I can understand the desire among Democrats to "erase" their sordid history by destroying the symbols they erected a century ago.

• The Equalist
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

I can understand your ability to ignore that the KKK has always been right-wing, as it is today. They certainly support Trump and not Democrats.

• 6 months ago

These are the same people who oppose birth control AND abortion. They oppose sex education AND child welfare services. Conservatives want a world where humanity is perfect and mistakes never happen. That's why conservatism is destined to fail.

• 6 months ago

because many of them are poorly educated and racist

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Only deep southern republicans because they don't know history.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.