I think I damaged my battery but I don't know how to fix it.?

When windows was updating, it took about 2 or 3 hours just to get to 27 percent then freeze, so I shut down laptop and turned it back on. Afterwards, I found that my battery wouldn't charge past 93 percent

After completing the update again, it doesn't go past 91 percent I've tried the tips about holding the power button, uninstalling the battery app, etc that u tend to see around a lot, but nothing has worked, so I m kinda at a lose rn.

The battery I have is only like 7 months old, but the laptop is about 5 years old.

• David
    Favorite Answer

I would discharge the battery until it is completely flat until the laptop turns itself off and then charge it back up again. Do this a couple more times, hopefully the battery reading will then be restored to normal

I'd agree with David, let your battery fully discharge then fully recharge it again, at least a couple of times. That should settle it. As to the download, that's a different matter.

After constant usage, the battery strength starts to deplete it's power