DP.
Lv 6

How do JWs reconcile ignoring the name of Jesus with scriptural reality?

If Jehovah's name is so more important then why....

Does the bible tells us Jesus name is above ALL names? There's no point asserting that this doesn't mean above Jehovah because the bible does not say that.

Are we told that it is at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and not Jehovah's? Remembering that God made it clear He does not share His glory with anyone, how can the knee bending to Jesus not take glory from God?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They DON'T reconcile ignoring Jesus's name with scriptural reality. They just reshaped what couldn't be reconciled into their own (warped) version of reality. It's known by various names. Among them are the NWT, and "We-Will-Obey the-Governing-Body -We-Will-Not-Question -Its-Changing-Whims -We-Will-Allow-Ourselves -to-be-Deceived by-this-'New-Light'-Nonsense -It's-Better -Than-Being-Shunned."

Really, cognitive dissonance is not so hard, once you get used to it.

• ...Show all comments
    • daylily61
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Thanks, Reb. I didn't put a lot of thought into this one. The words just kind of tumbled out of me, but I wouldn't change my answer at all.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

JW's don't disregard Jesus at all. They absolutely acknowledge Jesus as the ONLY conduit to his Father. Do they believe Jesus IS his own father? No. But they DO recognize him as the Vice President of all creation.

• 5 months ago

Some are crazy atheists, some other are crazy believers, all are from the same stupidity & ignorance. All of them ignore G-d & worship man...

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Go to JW.org and find out. Go to the Kingdom Hall.

if you want the Truth you need to go to its source.

Unless your intentions are otherwise

• ...Show all comments
    • Rebmilc
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

Yup deep thought and study of watchtower material Roberta. You don't study the Bible, you study what the watchtower says about the Bible. .This is Indoctrination at its worst

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I think JWism is just another chip off of the block called Christian religion. Having said that, what and where is that scriptural reality that you mention?

• 5 months ago

Because they don't want to admit that Jesus is Jehovah incarnate. But that's all right. Most Christians deny, dilute, or ignore the scriptures that tell us that Jesus Christ is the creation and the begotten son of God

• ...Show all comments
    • Annsan_In_Him
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Which, Publius, does not make Jesus Jehovah. That's a Mormon teaching, that Elohim created as his firstborn one whom he called Jehovah, who later became Jesus. The incarnation is not that of the Father, but of the uncreated, eternal Son - 'only' begotten - always with the Father.

• Otto
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They don't ignoring the name of God Jehovah and his Son Jesus !

Source(s): Bible
  • Juli
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

As you well know, JWs disregard anything that shows Jesus' importance.

They completely ignore the scripture stating that Jesus' name is above ALL names.

Their pathetic attempt to explain this away is completely ludicrous.

BTW, we have a JW zombie bot spamming most answers here with the cults website instead of actually answering any questions.

I report that garbage because what this JW Mary is doing, is against TOS.

I suggest everyone else report it too.

• 5 months ago

"Scriptural reality" isn't 'a thing' with them. They created their own text, the New World Translation, considered heresy by Christian churches.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 5 months ago

Jesus is the one ruling on David's throne, the highpreist like Melchizedek, & the mediator like Moses. All of these roles are assigned to Jesus by Jehovah just as they were assigned to David, Melchizedek, and Moses.

To recognize and submit to Jehovah's chosen king or representative is God's arrangement. Just as Israelites were to respect and honor David and Moses in submission to God, Christians are to similarly recognize Jesus authority and rulership.-Acts 2:33,36

That's the headship arrangement. Women summit to husbands, husbands submit to Jesus, Jesus submits to Jehovah his God. -1 Corinthians 11:3

• ...Show all comments
    • πŸ‘€ 🚢
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

I ask questions anonymously because anti-JWs target me. You have answered many of them. BTW, you might find my responses to insults as insulting. My exchanges with Trinitarians are directly because you Trinitarians insult Christians. And then you Trinitarians make up phoney excuses as to why you do.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Hebrews have/had 7 terms for god and witch one was chosen is irrelevant .

You know Hindus have Shiva's Witnesses and Krishna's Witnesses and Fred Flintstone's Witnesses

while Shamans had Witnessed some kind of Daddy in the Sky .

Witch which is Witch > It's a long way if you wanna rock and roll . Who made Who ?

• ...Show all comments
    • DP.
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

No Roberta, the NAME of God has not been written even once in the bible. YHWH isn't a name in Hebrew, Greek or any known language!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.