Anonymous

How does a non-profit director make money?

Does being an executive director (with an MPA) for a non-profit for children/people with special needs make a good bit of money?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Depends on the non-profit and how its structured...many smaller ones don't take any money whatsoever.

If a full time job, the board can vote to pay that individual...

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

i am too young to answer this s...

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

When did you realize that most straight women sexually experiment with women

• 3 months ago

He is paid a salary, just like any business. In fact, because they are a non-profit, they don't pay taxes, so they have more money to pay the employees and the higher ups - a LOT more. Some of those non-profits pay big money to their employees and the higher ups are easily making six figures.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

A director on the board of a non-profit might not make anything, having donated his or her time and talents. Of course, some non-profit organizations do budget for salaries for certain directors and officers, most often an "executive director", who is typically more of a "president" than a corporate director.

Source(s): legal counsel to non-profit organizations
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If it's a big one like the Red Cross, yes. A small one no, maybe 20-30K a year.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It depends on how the board is set up, I was an executive director of a non profit business for 5 yrs however I was voluntary, so didn't earn a salary I did it to share my skills,experience, knowledge and set up the business from inception for the good of the community.......... however non profit organisations/social enterprises just means the company doesn't make profits over and above costs and costs form the salaries of paid employees ( which can include executive directors salaries), any 'profits' are put back into the company to improve the service to the pucblic/community they set up to help

• 3 months ago

Usually they get a salary. There is something contradictory in the idea of a non-profit that allows its directors to profit greatly, in my personal view. That is just an abuse of tax laws to get a big salary without really caring about the cause that the organization is supposed to be supporting. Some people do it, but I see it as grossly inappropriate.

• 3 months ago

Such people can make money. A non-profit org does not mean that people do not get paid. It just means that when you take in all of the contributions, and you subtract the expenses (could be salaries, office equipment, mailings, advertisements, etc) then the rest of the money goes to the intent of the organization.

• 3 months ago

The ORGANIZATION cannot make a profit. The director gets paid a salary.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

"non-profit" does not mean "the organization cannot make a profit." It means that there are no shareholders who may personally profit from the non-profit income.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.