Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 10 months ago

Why Is My Tooth Sensitive 6mo After Root Canal?

I got a crown in February on tooth 2. When the office tried to put it on, it didn t fit correctly so they trimmed the tooth and then added filling until it did fit. I had it done away from home and I know the bite was high so my normal dentist adjusted it. I hadn t been able to chew on that side of my mouth since October due to another issue with tooth 31. I had a RCT on 31 and was very happy that I could chew there again but boy was I wrong.

#2 always felt a little off, it got much, much, better when the bite was fixed and I figured it d continue to improve. I chewed there on Wednesday and at first it was fine but it got worse the more I chewed (note, all I ate was a 1oz bag of Cheetos).

Applying any chewing (or even with tongue or finger) pressure on the part of the tooth where #1 used to be causes pain that goes away as soon as the stimulus is removed but it is much more noticeable than before.

I know the original RCT dealt with three canals if that makes a difference.

Is this a symptom of a bad crown? Could it be excess cement? Could it be a cracked tooth? Would having this crown removed and a new one placed likely help or am I looking at losing the tooth? I don t have much money left to deal with this as I ve pretty much exhausted my emergency fund dealing with poor dentistry over the past year and I don t know where to turn as I am above the poverty line but don t make much working for a nonprofit.

One of my molars at the back which was a cracked tooth initially had a root canal done, i managed to crack that too and get broken tooth stuck into it, got that removed and the sensitivity an pain was still there. I ended up having to get it removed! In my opinion, if your tooth is healthy enough the root canal should be fine. If you’re like me and had problems from the get go, its best to remove it. Sad i know but its not worth the pain! :( x

I hope everything settles well for you.

I am not sure you may have to go to a doctor to find out more about that.

i would just go see your dentist and get it checked out

• k w

hate to tell you after the fact, but dead teeth left in the mouth , put dead cells into the body, not healthy at all. I found out cuz I got a Holistic dentist, she not only extracted mine, but removed the leaking amalgams I had and never had no pain, they use amazing pain killers, that don't make you goofy and can feel no pain.....see a Holistic dentist and get a consultation, regular dentists just don't know. I'll never go back to a dinosaur doc, that'd be like going back to dial-up.......

• k w

Einstein said , you can't count on someone who created a problem, to fix it.......your decision......

Go back and have the filling adjusted. It may be too high or too wide against other teeth.

• Tulip

Well that's nit how a crown works