Why Is My Tooth Sensitive 6mo After Root Canal?

I got a crown in February on tooth 2. When the office tried to put it on, it didn t fit correctly so they trimmed the tooth and then added filling until it did fit. I had it done away from home and I know the bite was high so my normal dentist adjusted it. I hadn t been able to chew on that side of my mouth since... show more I got a crown in February on tooth 2. When the office tried to put it on, it didn t fit correctly so they trimmed the tooth and then added filling until it did fit. I had it done away from home and I know the bite was high so my normal dentist adjusted it. I hadn t been able to chew on that side of my mouth since October due to another issue with tooth 31. I had a RCT on 31 and was very happy that I could chew there again but boy was I wrong.

#2 always felt a little off, it got much, much, better when the bite was fixed and I figured it d continue to improve. I chewed there on Wednesday and at first it was fine but it got worse the more I chewed (note, all I ate was a 1oz bag of Cheetos).

Applying any chewing (or even with tongue or finger) pressure on the part of the tooth where #1 used to be causes pain that goes away as soon as the stimulus is removed but it is much more noticeable than before.

I know the original RCT dealt with three canals if that makes a difference.

Is this a symptom of a bad crown? Could it be excess cement? Could it be a cracked tooth? Would having this crown removed and a new one placed likely help or am I looking at losing the tooth? I don t have much money left to deal with this as I ve pretty much exhausted my emergency fund dealing with poor dentistry over the past year and I don t know where to turn as I am above the poverty line but don t make much working for a nonprofit.