Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 6 months ago

Is it annoying the person who served you at a restaurant is also the person you pay the bill to ?

I do not believe in tipping the price at restaurant is already high. No one tips me and I work. Uber, Lyft, Food delivery, Taxi, Door person all want a tip . When is enough enough I don't have money to give away. I enjoy occasionally go out to a restaurant.

@ Anonymous person bull they do in fact make minimum wage anything below that illegal hence why it is called minimum wage. What is rude is excepting free money when you have a job and already getting paid.

The owner,the servant there can ask you every thing and you too can do every thing,and holding up sort of different orders,just be concerned with those who by the way,come to catch your time,like,asking a service payment when you first checked by the owner,what is that sum and how can I pay it?can I not pay it?If you payed it twice then it,s not tasty and tire some.

• Walt

the person that serves you is making under three dollars maybe they should make 10 dollars an hour that means your $10 meal will cost you $25

No, that isn't annoying at all.

• Bob

Tipping is optional, and you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Its very rude to not tip waiters.Especially if they have amazing customer service.Today I met a young lady with amazing customer service.She asked my family and if we wanted a refill many times when we did.She also made good conversation.As well as other things.Before leaving i asked her how much she gets paid or if its solely based on tips.She said she gets paid 2 dollars an HOUR. I was shocked,I was not gonna leave without giving her a tip since she helped me so much.

Just don’t eat in the same diner or restaurant too often if you don’t tip, , the waitress/waiter might remember you and do something to your food in the kitchen before serving it to you . It’s been known to happen.

• Erik

Don't worry about it, chief. The people who DO tip will subsidize your cheapness. You can go on not tipping for the rest of your life.

However, you should realize that in some states (not CA), it is legal for an employer to pay an employee $2.13 per hour, as long as his/her tips bring their pay up to minimum wage.

Tipping is totally voluntary.

Then move to Europe (at least France, England, Ireland that I know of) where tipping isn’t necessary.

Beats the hell out of me why the US is the only country where service people expect a tip.

No. And it's rude not to tip servers. It is expected since they don't even make min. wage and rely on tips to make a living.

• Cathy

I only made a few dollars an hour when I was a server. I just don't get people who don't understand tipping.