Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 10 months ago

Why wont this usb show up in devices and drives?It flashes but doesnt stay.?

I am trying to upload pics form my phone SD card using this special USB ,but it will not longer show up or load into devices and drives in the PC It flashes then fades doesn't properly load.I have tried a gazillion times BTW in all the USB holes in my computer.

• keerok

Try another USB card reader.

• Norm F

Firstly why don't you try connecting your phone to the p.c and transfer the files?

What is the make and model of your phone?

I cannot see what type of SD card you have from the photo to blurred. I can see it is a Micro but is it just an SD card ot SDHC or SDXC card.

Does your card still work in your camera o.k?

Where did you get that adapter from?

The previous answer suggest using Linux but that is very doubtful if that is going to help he also has not read your question correctly as he is talking about cameras.

Now that you are showing me that SD card and the USB adapter I can finally tell you what's wrong here. I saw your other question when you posted before and tried to answer it for you but there just wasn't enough information. But now I can answer it for you.

That's an SD card it's formatted for your camera. Not using a Windows format which is either fat or NTFS. It's likely a Linux formatted card or similar to a Mac format. You might get lucky and read it once or twice from Windows.

But then the USB gets rejected and it disappears off of the device manager and you can't see it. Your camera probably has software that decodes the format and makes it compatible with Windows and you're skipping that step by pulling the card out and plugging it into a USB adapter. You might want to try Linux mint and see if it will read the card.

If it reads the card you will know that that's the problem it's formatted differently then what windows will accept