how can i learn how to play electric guitar with aspergers and adhd?

i have aspergers and adhd but still want to learn how to play electric guitar without giving up and i want to be serious on it so does anyone how i can play electric guitar with these 2 conditions

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Emdog
    Lv 6
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I have aspergers and having been playing looooong loooong time. Playing guitar helped me get thru my teenage years. Some evidence those with Aspie have more discriminate hearing than general populace. Just climb on board and get after it

• mars
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Play Ramones songs. They're all 5 and 6-string Barre-chords. ADHD themes

• Jake
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

yeah you have to think harder

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Find a good professional teacher, explain your issues and ambitions and take it from there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Some magic tutorials on YouTube.

DO THIS: take your copy Fender strat, and just follow this guy teaching you ONE TUNE. This one. Very shortly you will think you are Jimmy Page. Picking notes, not strumming like that dumb holy jeebus teacher you had in junior school.

• 1 year ago

Take lessons and practice.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

You might be at quite an advantage. There are those that have these difficulties coping with ordinary life that are absolutely fantastic musicians.

• R
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

Just take lessons, practice every day, and stick with it.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

you have to learn to be patient. people take years if not more to master an instrument. even then, you're still learning something new every time you play or if you play in a band.

start looking at local music stores. inquire about private lessons, mention your disabilities if the teacher will think that will be a factor, and maybe they have different strategies to help you practice.

consider rending your equipment first before you buy it right away. or if you do buy, look for used equipment. you don't need to go all out right away. then if six months to a year or more, you're still playing, improving, and enjoying it, you can start to look at better equipment.

do you want to play rock, pop, jazz, blues, or other genres? you need to figure out those too, as they are completely different languages of music and reading skills.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.