Danny asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 months ago

Am I the only one who likes Once Upon a Time in the West more than The Good, the Bad and the Ugly?

It's just the superior film. It has a better, more dynamic plot. It broke more rules, it took more risks and it wasn't anywhere near as slow. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly hasn't aged terribly well. It's filled with plot holes and a bunch of 60s tropes that bog it down. It's by no stretch of the imagination a bad film, but it isn't quite the masterpiece everyone makes it out to be. That label belongs to the aforementioned film. Am I the only one who thinks this way? It seems that I am. While we're all at it, care to explain why The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is considered to be so good? It's really just a 7 out of 10 for me.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Best Answer

All Leone movies have good/bad points. "Fistful of dollars", first, based on "Yojimba", established the "Man with no name" character. "For a few dollars more" developed the character, TGTBTU finalised him. OUATITW appeals to a different genre.Not "better" just different. Leone put different pathos in some than others. Like, "Duck, You Sucker !" he said had his greatest character development. Much allusion to Mussolini and Hitler . OUATIA was Far different--the Mafia. No, I didnt like it.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

No, I actually agree with you :)

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Not at all, its a far better film

Henry Fonda's performance is better than the entire cast of Good, Bad and The Ugly

• 3 months ago

No, but I'm the opposite.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

We all have different opinions. I prefer TG,TB&TU. I liked OUATITW, but not nearly as much.

• 3 months ago

People have different views and opinions.

• Olive
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

I never seen the whole movie of Once Upon a Time in the West, but have The Good The Bad and The Ugly quite few times and its a great movie

• 3 months ago

Yes because I hate it

• 3 months ago

No, I like it much better too.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Just because you like it better doesn't mean it's the better movie or that other people have to agree with you.

• Danny3 months agoReport

That's hardly the point, is it? I said I like OUaTitW more and gave an explanation why. I was expecting the same from a commenter, but instead I get a guy who uses the "openions r difrent" rationale.

And you didn't even answer the question. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.