How long does it take people to start donating to your charity on GoFundMe?
My friend posted details of a charity fund raiser on GoFundMe 5 hours ago and still no one had donated. What are all the things she should do to be successful?
- 3 months ago
1st, stop begging
- 3 months ago
5 hr is too low dude. Wait for some more time.
- yLv 74 months ago
Somehow get a news organization to run with the story.
- 4 months ago
five hours isn't to much time, especially if the donation period is long. i can understand that it doesn't feel good, however.
0. find out what makes a good gofundme page-- a check for asking here, but there are other places online if you google.
1. the biggest thing that gets people to donate is connection. make sure your gofundme has personal stories, goals, and a very present human element so people will feel more connected to her, and more likely to feel giving. (pictures of pets can help a lot)
2.in the write-up, be humble, be upfront, and be hopeful-- even if you don't feel any of it. if the fundraiser hits certain milestones, thank everyone who's donated. be upfront about what will happen if the goal is not met-- no downplaying OR exaggerating why the cost is what it is. talking to the reader directly, thanking them for helping her reach her goal, brings in more connection.
3. expose as many people to the fundraiser as possible-- posting on social media sites is the most common, of course, but if you guys are in a community like a church a bulletin or notice to them can also be helpful don't be afraid to post more than once, but be careful not to spam!
4. there are some online groups in which people share their fundraisers, but it seems that each is for specific problems. i've seen one especially for queer kids, for example.
good luck, i hope this helps her meet her goal!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- As Mad As BirdsLv 74 months ago
I'm under the impression that most gofundmes get ignored or get a few nominal donations, at best. People are sick to death of seeing outstretched hands in every direction that they look when they have problems and expenses of their own.
If the circumstances are so unique that they get picked up by a popular new site or "go viral", you could see a good outcome. Otherwise, keep your expectations low.
- Jackie MLv 74 months ago
Depends what the donations are for, if it is for something like cancer research then people start donating quickly but if it is for something like pay for my holiday then no chance. Personally I do not give anything to GoFundMe because I will pay directly to places like Cancer UK
- PaladinLv 74 months ago
publicity is always helpful, but having a good cause makes a difference