Crochet for beginners?

Does anybody know any good online tutorials or videos to learn how to crochet? I've tried a few videos but my projects always end up looking messy

I just did it a lot...but the key to the best looking pieces is keeping your tension on the yarn just right...unfortunately I did it so much for a couple of years that I developed pretty bad bursitis in my wrists and elbows.

Make hole about two millimeter size,and knot it, take the hook-top stick,then go through the hole and cat bit of the continuous thread.Bring a hole, from the thread up&continue till a string is made at a size of three,next make a circle,made out of the string,then simply go through the circle,bring in an out a hole out of the continuous thread of the whole yarn you have.After wards to continue producing wholes,in a even row, make thicker circle indeed, when the thicker circle is finished, go and start over the same circle,another round for the third circle indeed. This is the simplest way of learning this craft.

Sheruknitting youtube.com

• drip

You could just need practice. My sister in law started by making dishcloths. Her fist dozen or so were very odd shaped,

Your first several projects are not going to be perfect

There are a lot of good videos. But one secret is to practice, practice, practice the basics before you start working on complex projects. Another tip is to choose good yarn to work with. Yarn that stretches or pills can make your project look bad and waste your time.

As far as a video reccommedationa go, I like Mikey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9BCyHLbVIU

Youtube thumbnail