Darwinist asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 6 months ago

Does Yahoo Answes still send violation notices .. ?

If a question or answer is reported and subsequently deleted, does the poster still receive a violation email?

I had assumed that, if no such email was received, then the reason a question or answer vanished was simply a glitch in the system; a random deletion. This has happened several times to me (though not for some months now) without a violation email being received.

However, another user recently advised that these emails are no longer sent and that the deletions could therefore, have been due to malicious reporting.

Is this correct? What is the current policy regarding deleted posts and violation emails?

Many good answers; thanks everyone. Sorry I couldn't share the points.

Favorite Answer

No. Yahoo Inc. has been DEAD for more than 2 YEARS. Verizon stopped sending out violation notice emails 2 YEARS ago, and stopped sending out report notice emails a few months this after that. You may sporadically get a dozen or more emails when Verizon tries to update the server computers, but the appeal hyperlinks often do NOT work and the 7 day appeal period has long since expired.

Technically you CAN still appeal through the Help pages at the bottom of the page which Verizon has updated recently or by emailing the Verizon Yahoo A use Team, but you have to give them the URL address of the question. Otherwise they have NO IDEA WHAT you are talking about or are appealing. The email address is

abuse@verizon. net

Not anymore. It just disappears

• .

Not on a regular basis. Once or twice a year they are sent, but usually too late to appeal. Sending them regularly would require staff to handle appeals, and Verizon Media seems unwilling to provide that (it's costly for a site that generates little revenue).

• LAN

If Yahoo follows the usual pattern then here in a few months you will get a whole bunch of violation notices that are too old to be contested then we will again have a long period where we get no notifications at all again. Welcome to a website with no moderation at all. All the reasons this site is such a cesspit are due to Yahoo not being willing to invest any time or effort into it.

• Daniel

Violation Email Notices are Broken and have been for Quite some time

Users can still Appeal tho if they know what is Deleted and if they Believe they did nothing wrong

They can Appeal by going here

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=conta...

Select Contact a Yahoo Specialist then Appeals then Follow the Instructions from there

The last time I had one of those messages was some months ago.

No

No

No

No

No

No

Noo

Source(s): 15 characters. I make that goal or die trying.
  • mom

they use to send a notices but it has been years that they stopped sending them. someone loves reporting questions and moving our questions around. they have nothing better to do with themselves

• .

Those emails haven't been sent in a while. I checked my email and the last one I got was March 19. We got a big chunk of old violations back in March (past the point where an appeal was possible). The last up-to-date violation I got was Dec. 28, 2018.

When my questions are reported I do not receive a notification any longer. It has been that way for many months.